The Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize Collegiate Competition (Allegheny Cleantech UP) is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) office.
Congratulations to the winner, DR-Advisor!
- 1st – $50K: DR-Advisor (University of Pennsylvania
- 2nd – $15K: Manta Biofuel (University of Maryland)
- 2nd – $15K: Waven Technology (Carnegie Mellon University)
- 3rd – $5K: Saloleum (Chatham University)
- 3rd – $5K+$5K Fan Favorite: WindiGo Turbines (Drexel University)
The competition took place on Wednesday, March 16 during Carnegie Mellon’s Energy Week.
This event catalyzed clean energy technology start-ups, support novel training and educational opportunities, and create a long-term sustained and diverse community to support clean energy student entrepreneurs in the Allegheny Region and beyond. The winning team received a $50,000 prize, and the chance to compete for additional prizes at the national level.