The Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize (CUP) Collegiate Competition provides the next generation of clean energy entrepreneurs and innovators with funding for business development and commercialization training, and other educational opportunities.
The competition is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Office and will take place Friday, April 6, 2018.
The Top Reasons Teams Apply:
- $50,000 First Place, sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Office, plus potential for additional prizes at the national competition. There are additional cash prizes for second and third place finishers in the Allegheny Competition.
- The top three teams can compete at the National CUP Competition for a total of $100,000 in prizes.
- Introductions to Regional and National Incubators and Accelerators.
- Technical, Legal, and Business Mentoring.
- Education on Entrepreneurship.
- Real-world feedback from judges and investors.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Cleantech University Prize aims to inspire the next generation of clean energy entrepreneurs and innovators by providing them with competitive funding for business development and commercialization training and other educational opportunities. Learn why you should enter the Cleantech Prize Competition by watching this video:
Steps to Apply (subject to change):
Submit your statement of intent by December 20, 2017 to get started and have a chance at winning the $50,000 grand prize! Note that you’ll need to create or login with a username and password on the competition platform, YouNoodle, upon clicking on the application form above.