The Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize (CUP) Collegiate Competition provides the next generation of clean energy entrepreneurs and innovators with funding for business development and commercialization training, and other educational opportunities.
Congratulations to our 2017 winners!
1st Place: RoBotany (CMU): $50K
2nd Place: Teratonix (CMU): $10K
3rd Place: RE-Empower (U. of Maryland): $5K
3rd Place: MPEL-EV (U. of Maryland): $5K
Fan Favorite: Minimus (Robert Morris U.): $5K
Watch Teratonix’s (CMU, 2nd place) final pitch below:
Watch RE-Empower’s (U. of Maryland, 3rd place) final pitch below:
Watch MPEL-EV’s (U. of Maryland, 3rd place) final pitch below:
The competition is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Office and took place Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
The Top Reasons Teams Apply:
- $50,000 First Place, sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Office, plus potential for additional prizes at the national competition. There are additional cash prizes for second and third place finishers in the Allegheny Competition.
- The top three teams can compete at the National CUP Competition for a total of $100,000 in prizes.
- Introductions to Regional and National Incubators and Accelerators.
- Technical, Legal, and Business Mentoring.
- Education on Entrepreneurship.
- Real-world feedback from judges and investors.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Cleantech University Prize aims to inspire the next generation of clean energy entrepreneurs and innovators by providing them with competitive funding for business development and commercialization training and other educational opportunities. Learn why you should enter the Cleantech Prize Competition by watching this video:
Steps to Apply: