Do you have an idea for a product or service focused on renewable energy or energy efficiency? Are you a college student attending an accredited community college, college, or university in the states of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, or Maryland?
If so, consider participating in the Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize (CUP) Collegiate Competition! The competition is sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Office and will take place Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
Why You Should Apply:
- $50,000 First Place, sponsored by the Department of Energy’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Office, plus potential for additional prizes at the national competition. There will be additional cash prizes for second and third place finishers in the Allegheny Competition.
- The top three teams can then compete at the National CUP Competition for a total of $100,000 in prizes.
- Introductions to Regional and National Incubators and Accelerators.
- Technical, Legal, and Business Mentoring.
- Education on Entrepreneurship.
- Real-world feedback from judges and investors.
On Oct. 5, the Scott Institute hosted an Information Session on the Allegheny Region Cleantech Prize Competition at Carnegie Mellon for students who were interested in learning how to participate. Watch the video of the Information Session here:
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Cleantech University Prize aims to inspire the next generation of clean energy entrepreneurs and innovators by providing them with competitive funding for business development and commercialization training and other educational opportunities. Learn why you should enter the Cleantech Prize Competition by watching this video:
Steps to Apply: